This action has been tested and working on Photoshop (English version only) CS3,CS4,CS5,CS6,CC+
If you are not using the English version of Photoshop, you can always change it to English and then back again to your native language using this method below.
1. Your photo is in RGB color mode
2. Your photo is in 8bit color mode
3. You are running the English version of Photoshop.
4. If you are experiencing errors, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. To do this, hold down Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys (Mac: Command, Option, Shift) while starting up Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file.
5. Avoid using small resolution images. For the best results, use Photos between 1500px – 3000px high/wide.
—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–— HOW TO INSTALL THE ACTION
1. Inside Photoshop, go to the ‘Window’ menu and select ‘Actions’. A window will now appear to the right hand side.
2. Inside the Actions window, click on the top right hand corner icon to reveal the drop down menu. From here select ‘Load Actions…’. Select the action which came with the download.
3. The action will now appear in the actions panel.
—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–— HOW TO USE THE ACTION
1. Open a photo to work with
2. Leave the photo layer locked and set as the ‘Background’. To set your photo as the Background, select your photo layer and go to the menu ‘Layer’—> ‘New’ —> ‘Layer from Background..
3. Create a new layer above the background layer called ‘brush’. MUST be all lowercase.
4. With the ‘brush’ layer selected, brush onto the areas of your photo that you want to apply the effect to.
5. Now click play on the action!
If you need any help with the action please email me.